I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Listening

Lately I have come to realize I have not been listening to God lately. I have not been reading scripture, I still pray, but no follow through. I am now listening. I have been feeling lately I need to organize some kind of fundraiser for Cancer involving our church. Right now there are people in my church who are dealing with cancer hands on. I know it is not a missions trip to a far away country, but I feel it is equally important to help those who are close to us here in our city. Missions work to me has never been on a global scale. I believe there are people out my front door who need help just as much as those in other countries. They just need a different kind of help. So now, after lots of prayer and me finally listening to His answers and prompting me in certain directions, I am going to see where my idea is going to be taken. We shall see. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Jill said...

Dinner Theatre? Talent Show? Pie/Cheesecake Auction?

Cinder said...

Missions is never only on a global scale. Our local missions field is no less important than anywhere global. It's where we are all the time...we know it the best and are comfortable in it. We need to be ministering in it.

I've been having an awakening in the fact I'm not listening as much as I should. I've been trying to put too much thought into things, which always gets in the way of stepping out in faith and obedience.

I help with fundraising for my hubby's Relay for Life team. They do bake sales and then at those I usually donate a couple of cakes that they raffle off, perogie sales, steak nights, etc.

Really the sky's the limit...