I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Friday, September 14, 2007

A new path

With the fall comes a new path to walk. Here is the skinny of our new path:

*Chad was unable to get funding, so he is now looking to get a temporary job until he can get funding for the winter semester (prayers being answered that is).

*Pooky bear is officially accepted into the pre-K program somewhat near our house; this one deserves a big "WHOOP-EE!" as we have been praying for her to get in. We were not sure until just this last Wednesday if she was in or not. Her first day of school is this Monday (with just a few kids in her class, then her first official day is Thursday, Sept 20. Yeah!

*Little monkey is recovering from a trip off our last step leading into the basement. She would only let the Dr put one stitch in her forehead. If you know my little monkey, you totally are not surprised by this happening, she is such a little monkey! She is doing fine now, 10 minutes after it happened, she didn't even care, it was me who was freaking out and insisted she see a doctor. Wow, even after a second child I am still paranoid. At least little monkey keeps us on our toes. No sleeping around that one!

*I am taking a leap in a different direction career wise. I started a new job working with jump.ca doing outbound calls for customer service purposes. I also, just today actually, was offered a job with Norrizon Marketing which will be a fun job. I am very excited about this job, especially since I am flying to Calgary on Monday for my first business trip! How exciting is that! However, I am going to miss Pooky Bear's semi-official first day of school, and little monkey getting her stitch out, however, I will not have to be gone on a lot of business trips like this one. It just so happened I got hired 2 days before regional conference. I have not been to Calgary since grade 11, weird. I'm going to miss my girls, and Chad, but I am excited about the new opportunities for my family and I.

So, it is definitely a new path for all of us. If Little monkey has her way, everyday would be a new path. Oh little monkey!

No comments: