I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

rant


I found out recently that my least favourite courier company is delivering my lappy. It is apparently stuck in customs. Oh to have my lappy and to not have to come downstairs to go on the computer. My basement does not have windows and is surrounded my grey concrete walls, with exceptions of the peach walls which surround the family room I made down here. I attempted to make it "homey" but still did not like the lack of natural light down here. Was this a one of the justifications to getting my own computer? YOU BET!

It will be interesting to find out how my cat Frodo takes to me having the computer upstairs. Currently she is my side-kick every time I use the computer. Chad could be using the computer, and Frodo does not care. However, the moment I go downstairs in the direction of the computer, Frodo follows me like a puppy. It has been especially more frustrating because we recently acquired a flat screen monitor which now allows for more space for Frodo to be. Before she would sit on my hand that uses the mouse, she doesn't mind that I still use the mouse while she sits on me. Now she also will sit in front of the monitor. She gives me this look as though to say, "I am going to annoy you until you pay attention to me, and if you take me off the computer, you know I will just get back on." Oh, Frodo. She only cares about me if I am either going to bed (so she can sleep on me) or on the computer, the rest of the time she is Chad's cat.




1 comment:

Jill said...

Gotta love the little beasties...
Enjoy the lappy when it arrives!
(No windows at all? Blech!)