I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

A moment

I am taking a small moment to relax before the chaos begins with the kids coming back from pre-school and getting ready to head up to Saskatoon. There is a lot that needs to be done, but I have decided to take it slowly. I am not packing for the cabin this time and we are only going to be gone 2 nights at the max. So therefore, I can sit back and enjoy the peace and quiet.

I found in the past I can't pack days in advance. I do much better with starting my list in advance; then on the day of or night before, if necessary, I pack. I think today I am going to prove that stress is not necessary when packing last minute for a trip. I have a friend who has been encouraging me to start packing last week. I am not like that. I would actually forget more things if I packed that far in advance. My problem with packing too soon, is I will pack something, then realize I still need it and forget to put it back after, thus forgetting it.

Don't get me wrong, I will forget something. I am not that good at packing. Who is? Funny enough, I actually think Pooky bear will be a great packer, because she makes sure you don't forget anything she needs or especially wants. It will be interesting to see what happens when she gets older.

By the way, if I never mentioned before, Pooky bear can't wait to go to Saskatoon. The last time we were there was a day trip when she was 18 months old. This time, we are giving Pooky bear the MP3 player so we don't have to listen to Sharon, Lois and Bram all the way up. I have to say this trip will be significantly different from the last trip to Saskatoon. We are actually driving our own vehicle. That is really surreal to us. Although we miss "Auntie Mary's BIG car" (a 1986 2 door Tercel with duct tape covering the rust on it. It was a good thing the car was silver to "hide" the duct tape), it will be good to drive the mini van with all of its space and cd player with am/fm radio. "Auntie Mary's BIG car" only had an am radio, so we brought my cd player from grade 10 with lots of batteries. It's funny, I really do miss "Auntie Mary's BIG car", however, I am glad to have a car to call my own.

Now that I have gone down memory lane I just remembered things I need to add to my list. So I guess my relaxing time is over.

To everyone, have a great week end!

1 comment:

Cinder said...

have a GREAT weekend!!