I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

One Crazy Summer

These past few weeks have been a little caotic. We finally bought a van, it wasn't the original van we were thinking of, but none the less it is a good mini-van (now that it is back from the auto body shop!). We were suposed to leave for the lake on SundayJuly 2, but we didn't make it out their until Tuesday. At least we made it there! We spent last week there then came back. Kira was missing the cabin so much, the girls and I went back to the cabin this week. It was a wonderful week, my Grandma came out and stayed the night...fun times were had by all. A twist of fate changed that last night:

Celeste started having breathing problems out there. I was just monitoring it for a while to see if it would happen again, which it did. I then called Chad to come pick us up (Thank God the cabin is only 35 minutes outside of the city) When we got into town I got the, "She's fine now" from everyone, but I was still worried. When Chad finally saw her struggling to breathe, then he believed me. I guess he is one of those "see it to believe it" people.

After that we went to the hospital emergency, only to be greeted by a triage nurse telling me she is just teething and I am a mom who worries too much. I aggree I do worry too much, but I know not to mess with a babies respiratory system. We ended up seeing a doctor with in 30 minutes, rather than the 4 hour wait everyone else had. The doctor ordered a chest x-ray, consulted a pediatrician and it was decided Celeste was to stay over night for observation. I have to say I was a little releaved because I knew I would not have gotten any sleep if I went home, I would have stayed up all night and watched her breathing. We were officially admitted into her room at 2:00 a.m. to which they hooked her up to a machine that monitored her oxygen and heart rate. God bless the people/person who invented that machine!

Our night was rough. She was up at 5:00 a.m., then at 6:00 p.m. when the pediatrician came to see her, then at 8:00 a.m. She has a chest cold and when she lied on her back the mucus and fluid come up to her throat and literally choke her. She has not had that problem when we were there, but it happened too many times before we got to the hospital, that is why they wanted to keep her for observation. So, after several viewings of baby einstein, many walks around the ward, and Celeste in an excersauser; we were given the go ahead to go home after lunch. Yeah!

So we are all home now with most of the girls and my stuff at the lake, but I am very thankful Celeste is going to be O.K. Am I a paranoid mom, probably....but at least I know that Celeste is going to be fine.

God just keeps reminding me that he is in control of things and I need to keep trusting him. One of these days I will fully learn.

1 comment:

Cinder said...

You aren't paranoid...you are a concerned mommy and there's nothing wrong with that. God does truly have His hand on all things...just looking at the treatment and efficiency of it, you know He was involved with it!

I'm so glad that you did have a good holiday, despite the abrupt ending to it and I'm very glad to hear that Celeste is back home and doing well.

We're now leaving for holidays for a while, so we'll talk to you all when we get back.

Blessings and prayers to you and yours!