I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Reality Check

These past few weeks have been full of hard doses of reality. No matter what I do, I feel God has a way of keeping me on track of his plans. I admit I have not been entirely focused on His plans for me, but rather making my own plans and hoping God likes it. It has been apparent with many aspects of my life that it is time to stop planning things and start trusting God to take care of what He has in store for me and my family. With all of this comes difficult confrontations with others. I have already started this, but I am no where near finished. The most difficult confrontation so far was myself.

I feel I have been dodging bullets in my life and it does not have to be that way. God has been teaching me, with His support, I can make it through any tough decision or confrontation. Being a person who normally prefers to run from my problems, I have found these last few weeks very hard. But when I am actually dealing with something I need to, it has been not as difficult as I thought it would be.

Now, I am finding myself praying and thinking a lot more about what to do or say about the next few things I have yet to deal with. I actually think the hardest part is the preparation and the initial start of the conversation or initial act of starting to properly take control of the situation.

I know when I am all finished, I will be incredibly relieved and thankful. Relieved for it to be over, and I can start focusing on the path which God wants me to follow. Thankful to God for opening my eyes.

"Open the eyes of my heart Lord, Open the eyes of my heart,
I want to see You, I want to see You"

No comments: