I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I feel like I'm a bad mommy

This morning I took Pooky bear and I to the dentist. It was her first time and it was fun for her, but bad news for Chad and I. She has 3 cavities starting, and one full cavity. I felt about 3 inches high after hearing that. From talking with the dentist, we concluded that from all the milk she drinks, it has been leaving a plaque build up on her teeth, and from not proper brushing the plaque away, she has developed cavities. The dentist wants to treat them imediately beacause she will have her teeth until she is ten years old. Poor Pooky bear is going to have to be sedated to have the proceedure done. I still feel bad because I even floss her teeth regularly. I am a mommy on a mission now to get better tooth paste for her with flouride and one of those cool rotory tooth brushes. The fillings she gets in November will be the last fillings she gets under my watch!


As for me, I am a proud owner of only one cavity and in need of a root canal due to crouding in my teeth. I felt pretty good about it having only one cavity. That appointment will be in December.

Now, in reguards to teeth, the only one in need is Little Monkey. I did speak to the dentist about her lack of teeth and about the way in which they are coming in and she suggested the same as my Dr, she wants me to wait until she is a year old and then take her to see a pediactric dentist. The dentist was puzzled at why they are coming in the way they are because they don't normally do that unless there is crouding. So, we will have to hope she gets teeth soon!

No comments: