I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Princess of Geeks

Chad and I had a lengthly conversation last night about who is the bigger geek, him or me. I, of course, said it was him with all of his knowledge of Star Wars, Star Trek and any other movie out there created before the 1990's that and he still role plays with his friends 2-3 times a week. Oh, and did I mention he's obsessed with his computer and all the games he plays on it. And a mention needs to go towards the fact he searches on e-bay to find rare transfomer figurines and old movies. In our conversation I also included the fact he still plays Nintendo 64 and brings it over to his friends house to play. I need to mention all of these things he does currently.

Here are the points Chad had against me:

- I was in 4 choirs in high school Done in the past

- I was in band for 5 years, the last year includes 2 jazz bands Done in the past

- I was the president of Peer Support and S.A.D.D. in my school Done in the past

- I know more than one charater to Strawberry Shortcake and Care bear's Chad can do this too

- I named my cat after a movie barely anyone has seen present time I did this, but he named his cat after a movie they based a role playing game about

- when Chad and his friends went to watch a football game at the Pump, my friends and I went with them and played Disney Trivial Pursuit at a table near the back. I need to metion too that I one the game. One point for geekiness here

- I decorated Kira's room in Strawberry Shortcake and love the fact she likes it along with barbies, my little pony, and dolls. I have been known to ask Kira if she wants to play barbies or my little ponies with me. If we were to have had a boy, or two boys, Chad would have been all over looking for GI joes and Transformers (which he looks for himself now). So, I fell this is point does not count. He's just jealous I can relive my childhood with my daughters and he can't.

So, after that discussion, he decided I was not the queen of geeks, but only a princess, and he is the knight if geeks. I know there are several geeks in the kingdom of geeks, but I still feel, I should only be a countess, where as my husband, belongs in the grand castle (he can use the castle he designed 2 years ago) of geeks as a prince.




1 comment:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

And he knows that, with anything he teases you about, I'm even geekier than that. Six choirs at once, and was known as "the one with the really big choreography."

Not to mention the whole "I'm in my 24th year of straight-through going to school" thing.