I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Clean sweep

Today, I went through Pooky bear's room and did a "clean sweep" of her toys. I am very impressed with it. She actually picked up her toys before bed, probably because Chad and I sat down with her and we all decided if she leaves a toys at the end of the day not put away, mommy and daddy will take it away for a week. It sounds cruel, but wow is it working. Pooky bear was involved in the consequence, which is very similar to what happens when she does puzzles on the carpet and not on the table. I am hoping to help her develop healthy cleaning and organizing habits. It has to start now, or we'll have more problems later.
Now, tomorrow, little monkey's room!

No comments: