I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

frustrating

I got a chance today to use my skills of getting what I want out of businesses. It's how we got our van, and many other things. On the 13th, Chad had a bad conflict with our bank, they corrected the problem (after I insisted upon it) then offered Chad a pre-approved VISA. Everything was fine, he called about it, got the limit on the card, the confirmation number and was advised it would be 7-10 business days before the card would come. (Note- all this information came from the bank manager at our branch and the VISA rep. on the phone) He phoned yesterday to enquire about the card and was advised it was still on its way.

Today, when I got home from pre-school, I was shocked to find out we were declined the VISA card. I could not understand how a PRE-APPROVED VISA could be declined. Now, being the person that I am, (I don't take a lot of crap from anyone except from my family) I phoned to complain. After my conversation was done, I had a manager's direct phone number for Chad to call and a huge formal complaint filed. I ended up driving the cell phone to Chad so he could call with in the hour. He called and the manager already was aware of the situation and profusely appologized to him for the mix up and assured him the card is approved with the limit that was already discussed and is being mailed today.

I feel much better now! Another fight against a major corporation successfully complete.

No comments: