I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Found a spark

I discovered I have a deep passion for the women ministry, esspecially for those women with young children. Based on that passion and understanding, I spoke with a friend of mine, who runs mom2 mom with me, and I told her about the desire I had to do something for the low-income families who live accross the street from our church. My suggestion, after discussing with her how much spare clothes we have, was to have a clothing give-give-away. We are actually going to do it in October. I am so excited about it! I have been wanting to do something for our community in need for a long time and now I have the chance to participate in it. It will be a lot of work, but it doesn't seem like it to me because I want to do it. I have found a spark, one day soon it will be a flame again!

No comments: