I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

A crazy week

This week has been a little emotional. My husband is about to turn his life around, and he doesn't even realize it. One of my best friends dad is in the hospital and her grandma (her dad's mom) pasted away the same week. Because of all of this, I have been praying like crazy. I have never been like this before. I just feel the need to pray all the time this week. There is so much to process and yet so much peace that comes with it.

Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this.
Psalms 37:3-5
If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;
though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread.
They are always generous and lend freely;
their children will be blessed.
Psalm 37:23-26
This scripture was highlighted to me today. It stands true to all I have gone through these last few weeks, not to mention years. It is something my husband and I need to follow and take comfort in.

1 comment:

Cinder said...

I'll be lifting your friend and her family up in prayer. When my grandpa (mom's dad) passed away a couple of years ago, my mom was in the hospital as well. I don't I'll ever forget that feeling of telling mom about my grandpa.

There is a huge sense of peace in the power of being on our knees in prayer. Through that, the peace grows stronger.

These are great scriptures to take comfort in. Here's a few which have been claimed by our family the past few years. I hope you don't mind me passing them along...you've given me some really good ones through your blog.

The Lord himself will go ahead of you. He will be with you. He will never leave you. He'll never desert you. So don't be afraid. Don't lose hope." (Deuteronomy 31:8)

"I know the plans I have for you," announces the Lord. "I want you to enjoy success. I do not plan to harm you. I will give you hope for the years to come. Then you will call out to me. You will come and pray to me. And I will listen to you. When you look for me with all your heart, you will find me. (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

He gives strength to those who are tired. He gives power to those who are weak. Even young people become worn out and get tired. Even the best of them trip and fall. But those who trust in the Lord will receive new strength. They will fly as high as eagles. They will run and not get tired.
They will walk and not grow weak.
(Isaiah 40:29-31)

I'll be remembering you prayer...blessings and love to you and yours as we enter into this week!