I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

what to do?

Chad is at his job right now, and he is misserable. He found out it is not four 10 hours shifts, but rather four 12 hours shifts with no overtime. He talked to a guy working there who has three kids and he said he never sees his kids because he is always too tired. He said he spends his week ends trying to catch up on sleep from the week. Chad phoned me in near tears because he does not want that for us. He wants to be the kids and I. I am very touch and warmed by his desire to want to be with us. However, what do we do about money?

Answer is simple, I know. Give it to God. Gee, psalm 37 for me, again. I told Chad to phone me at 2, then at 4, so we could talk. We both agree a good prayer session with God would be a great idea when he got home.

It is interesting though, now that I think of it. When Chad got the job, there were no houses available for sale in Pilot Butte. 95% of my friends were very much against us moving to Pilot Butte. Chad's stomach has been acting up HUGE for the last few days (IBS) Is this a sign from God telling us He has something better for us? I think only prayer and reading scripture are going to answer this question.

The Lord himself will go ahead of you.
He will be with you.
He will never leave you.
He'll never desert you.
So don't be afraid.
Don't lose hope.
(Deuteronomy 31:8)
Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The LORD, the LORD,
is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
(Isaiah 12:2)
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
(Matthew 11:28-30)
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink;
or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food,
and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air;
they do not sow or reap or store away in barns,
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not much more valuable than they?
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
(Matthew 6:25-27)

No comments: