I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Pooky Bear!

It is very hard to believe I am the mother of a 6 year old. 6 years ago today I:

- said the phrase, "No more kids after this". Repeatedly
- ate more jello then humanly possible.
- lost all sense of modesty
- despised my husband for not being able to experience the pain I was going through.
- loved my husband for not leaving my side.
- learnt epidurals only work on 90% off patients and I am the lucky 10% it does not work on.
- Heard Dr's ask too many questions. Don't ask, just DO it!
- Realized it is possible to tear and have an epesiotomy(unsure of spelling)
- Discovered there is such a thing as 4th degree tear requiring a surgical consult.
- Was scared I was going to poop while I was pushing.
- Heard my oldest daughters cry and thought it was wonderful. The one and only time it was.
- Cried of joy when I held her for the first time.
- Was thankful to God for my little girl.
- Realized I would be able to have another child. Just not for at least 2 years.

3 comments:

Jill said...

That's a good post for a soon-to-be mommy! Scary about the tears and episiotomy though (you are still around to talk about it and you did have a second so... those little people are worth it!)
Happy B-day Pookie Bear!

crazy mom said...

I should clarify the tears were of joy. Nothing can prepare you for the feelings you have when you hold your baby for the first time.

crazy mom said...

I had such a brain fart Jill. I don't know why I didn't think of tears, (as in delivery) and thought of tears (as in eyes). Doh!