I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

GiST: DAY 22

1. Shopping at Bulk Barn for a few birthday supplies for Pooky Bear's party. I seriously love that store.

2. My girls getting their pajamas on by themselves. It is nice to relax and not have to worry about getting the kids changed for bed. My job now is to help brush their teeth, read bedtime stories, say prayers, tuck them in and smother each of them with hugs and kisses while reminding them how special they are and that I love them. Oh and activate Pooky's dream catcher and start Care Bear stare.

3. Story time with my girls. They each pick a story to read at bed time. Little Monkey has her select favourites she will have me read over and over, however, Pooky Bear enjoys selecting books we have not read in a while. I can't wait to find out what they will pick tonight. My guess is:
Little Monkey - Robert Munsch's, "Look at Me"
Pooky Bear - "Giggle, Giggle, Quack" by Doreen Cronin.
We will see.

4. Being wrong about what books my children chose for bed time. Pooky bear chose a Berenstain Bear book, "On the Moon". We definitely have not read that one in a while. Little Monkey chose Mo Willems', "The pigeon wants a puppy". They were fabulous.

5. A quiet night at home. Need I say more?

No comments: