I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

11:30pm and can't sleep

Well, I just spent the last 2 hours washing dishes, steralizing bottles, feeding Celeste, and watching my embarasing addiction, Reba; and finally putting Celeste to bed for the night (hopefully). While doing all of this I am thinking to myself, "I can't wait for this baby stage to be over". To some it may sound harsh, but I really am looking forward to times where I can play actual games with the kids (other than the My Little Pony game and Memory). I can't wait to play with the girls, have make-overs with them, let them experiment (safely) in the kitchen, the mother daughter talks, the special trips I have planned for them and helping them discover things safely and the wonderful chores I have planned for them...hee hee hee!
I just want this baby/toddler stuff over with, I mean, don't get me wrong, I love watching the girls grow, and I marvel at how quickly they have grown. I also have been caught making comments about missing holding Kira as a baby and Celeste being a wee little one only 7lbs. But lately, due to the lack of sleep I have gotten and the insomnia I have when I should be sleeping, I look at old pictures and marvel at their cuteness and then remember the lack of sleep. Am I doomed to be the sleepless Mom forever? I know I won't, but it feels that way.
One thing I have to say, even with the lack of sleep, I wouldn't trade my daughters for anything. They are a true blessing from God. They will test my limits, show me a wide range of emotions in the span of 5 minutes, and teach me new things daily. And I show them unconditional love, guidance and encouragement. As a parent, I now have a slightly bigger understanding of how God feels towards us. We are His children. What and awesome thing!

No comments: