I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Some things never change

Today has been filled with cleaning, talking to the usual people on the phone, and feeding a growing toddler and baby. It's funny to realize that this is a normal Monday morning for me. I was just realizing that my anniversary is in 3 days and 4 years ago I was worried about making chocolates, cutting tule, finishing tieing way too many bows and trying to please my family. I have to say trying to please my family was the hardest of the tasks, and unfortunately I still have that same problem. I guess it is true when they say, "some things never change".

Here are some things that in 4 years have not changed with me:

- I still hate washing dishes

- I still talk on the phone lots

- I still enjoy the same movies and watch them over and over...I have just added a few new ones to the mix

- When people come over, I still say, "Don't mind the mess"

- I still wear some of the same clothes, a "what not to wear" no-no, but oh well

- I still watch "ER" and "Gilmore Girls" faithfully

- I still dream

- I still believe in God, but my faith has grown stronger

- I still experience a wide range of emotions, just more so with extra horomones in my body

- I still try to help anyone who needs help

- and I still am surrounded by people who love me

No comments: