I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

lack of sleep can cause this: what they don't tell you in the parenting books

Today was a caotic day. Celeste was up every 2 hours last night and Kira was very tired this morning so she was tantruming all morning, basically. This afternoon we wanted to go say good bye to Auntie Mary at the airport. Kira was crying literally 5 minutes before we had to go because she did not want to clean her room and get ready to go ( I asked her to do this 45 minutes before we had to leave). I was so tempted to not go, but I realized how important it was for Kira to understand what happens to Auntie Mary when she leaves. So, we went. Kira was very good upon arrival, saying good bye to Auntie Mary, watching and waving to Auntie Mary's plane, and walking from the window where we watched the plane. And then she got upset. She started saying she was hungry, I acknowledged her hunger and told her we were going to get something to eat. Well, she did not like that and flopped to the floor to pout. I convinced her to get up, but she kept doing it 3 more times. By the third time I'm upset and we were running out of time for parking meter. So, I tried to prevent "the flop" by hold her hand more firm....(I won't do that again) She started screaming I was hurting her....let's just say I ended up picking her up and had Celeste in the snuggly on the way out of the airport. Screamed all the way to my brother's house where I went to get support before I "hurt" Kira more.

After that things went realitively O.K. Kira was still moody, but she was also really tired...I am starting to think she is waking up too when Celeste wakes up. So, hopefully Celeste has a good sleep tonight. Tonight, Chad could tell I had a hard day, so he was extra supportive, thank goodness. We also had a good talk about what we are going to do with Kira and her"I want ......" phase. We will see how that goes tomorrow. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Oh, Brandy. What a day. I'm so glad that you guys came to the airport, but I'm so sorry that you got all kinds of behaviour from Kira as a result of it. I'm praying that you figure out what to do with her.