I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"I want"

Today, Chad and I tried to curve the "I want" phase. It has been semi-working. We decided that when ever she asks for something using "I want ..." the answer was going to be an automatic "no". I was having no problems today executing the rule, however when Chad got home the rule quickly had exceptions to it. ie. "Daddy, I want a doughnut". Chad responds with, "no, you can not have a doughnut when you ask for it that way". Kira then responds with, "Daddy, please I have a doughnut". Chad, not knowing what to do, says ask your mommy. So Kira said, "but daddy, I want a doughnut". Chad still not knowing what to do, repeated "ask your mommy" , so, Kira asked nicely, but I still said no because she kept using the "I want phrase". Kira then went to Chad and said, "Daddy, please can you tell mommy to give me a doughnut" Chad and I laughed so hard we did end up giving her half of a doughnut. I don't know if we acomplished anything, but we thought it was funny.

No comments: