I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Anniversary

Well, it's my fourth year anniversary today, Celeste did not do well with the heat and her teeth last night, so this morning, Chad and I both were not much in the mood for celebrating, if you know what I mean. Oh, to be a parent.

This year we are not giving gifts because we just put a deposit on a "new to us" van. Happy Anniversary to us!, We are officially mini-van family....ironically, it is everything my husband was against. He did not want to be "that family" I, however, am glowing at the fact it will not take 2 trips to the cabin to hawl everything. Getting a mini-van, I think, is the next step after having the second child. Chad, on the other hand can't wait until the van's paid off and he can pick the next car. Fortunately, that will be a while.

2 comments:

Cinder said...

We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary next week and I've never known an anniversary without being a parent...that's what happens you get pregnant two months in...but I wouldn't change it for anything!

Anniversary celebrations change as the kids grow and get older, and really, it just depends on the year. We tend not to get 'gifts' per say...most years we chose something we need and it's a combined gift. This year, we're just hoping to go out for the evening, and enjoy some time as a couple!

crazy mom said...

I hope you get the chance to escape from "kiddy" land for a while and enjoy each others company, especially before your trip.
Happy Anniversary in advance!