I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

I am what I mocked

I have to admit I thought people who blogged had too much time on their hands (sorry Mary), but after having my second child the thought of blogging out my thoughts seems like a great stress relief and a great excuse to get time to myself. Here's hoping it works.
Here it goes:

So, today I took my brother shopping for him birthday gift and for a father's day gift for Dad. It was actually a good morning, even though I woke Corey up to do so. It's funny because when I took him to the Cornwall, I had Celeste with me and I actually worried if people would think that Corey was Celeste's father. I don't understand where that thought came from, but it existed. Maybe it is from people thinking that either Corey or Kyla was my child given the age gap...none the less it was wierd.

After that we came home to get ready for a "new to us" couch and chair. It was very exciting because three parts of the couch and chair recline....yeah! I have to say the colour goes with our decor as well...being that it is blue...no more sucks you in-old person flowered couch for us...double yeah.

After I took Corey home we actually went swimming. I must say I love family changing rooms. It was a blessing having my husband be able to be there to help with the girls. (a word from the wise: is always pack an extra towel when swimming with little ones)
Kira loved swimming so much after she showered when she was done swimming she asked,"pwease mommy, I go swimming again?" and when I said another day she then asked her dad, you know, in case he never heard mom's answer. I have to say she took the news pretty well, a lot better then the concept of putting on the bathing suit on at home then getting dressed again.
(another word from the wise: after immunization needles - take your babe swimming the next day, allowing them to float in the water weightless is the best! If you can't do that, give them lots of baths)
Celeste enjoyed watching all the other children playing, she even got to "play" with other babies which was tons of fun for her.
(word from the wise: don't bring your camera in the pool unless it is a water camera....one mom did and someone spashed her while holding her nice digital camera, she was not happy) All in all I have to say the experience was a good one that we will definately do again....soon if Kira has a say in it.

1 comment:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Welcome to blogging, Brandy! You now shall be sucked into the blogging vortex.

I highly recommend that you check out this blog of a stay-at-home mom: Dooce. And Dixie's blog might also be therapeutic.