I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Back from the beach

The girls and I had an amazing time at the beach!
This is how we spent our week:
- playing on the beach
- ate Grandma's wonderful cooking. YUMMY!
- watching Celeste jump in the jolly jumper
- going into Govan with Papa
- taking Kira on her first horse-back ride
- swinging on the many swings out there
- enjoying a birthday supper for Alayne's 16th birthday (Kira made many presents for her)
- playing lots of card games into the wee hours of the morning
- Kira enjoyed going for coffee with Grandma and Grandpa every day
- making crafts (we actually ran out of beads, I didn't think that was possible!)
- I learnt how to quilt by hand (Kira actually demanded I "go quilt with the ladies, you'll like it mommae! I go too and make crafts" she actually gave me her green scissors to use, it was cute.
- went for several walks, double strollers are wonderful!
- Kira and I shopped at the garage sale twice (I found some amazing finds like a book about germany from 1915 and one from 1941. I picked them up for Auntie Mary but I started reading them myself and they are interesting reads. Kira bought a basket full of little toys which she still enjoys!)
- just relaxed and enjoyed the wonderful company!

Kira I think misses being out there, but she was happy to be home and enjoyed antagonizing Fizzgig the moment she walked in the door. (Fizzy loved it!) Celeste I think was happy to be home, she slept for 10 hours straight. Yeah! Nothing like sleeping in your own bed I guess. I am busy today doing laundry, and some light cleaning as Chad did most of it while we were gone. Yeah!

No comments: