I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

just some thoughts

These past few months have been filled with changes and the ideas of more changes to come. I find it fristrating when some changes are easy and some are very hard and challenging. My persuit of trying to "better myself" and/or improve my family's situation has been a hadfull but I am starting to see the benifits slowly.
Here are some of my goals and how they are progressing:

1) Start to manage our budget and recognize the need for one. This has actually, with a lot of greif at first, proven to be one of my goals I am happiest about. I came up with a system on the computer which I have found to be very effective. Yeah for computer litteracy!

2) Create a schedule for cleaning the house. (ie. Mondays-laundry Tuesdays-dusting etc.) This has been going OK for me except when the girls and I are out of the house for the day. I have to re-work my schedule and make it suite our active lifestyle.

3) Creating boundries for the phone. This one has been a challenge for me, but I have created a boundry for no talking on the phone in the afternoons. This doesn't always work, but I am not giving up on it.

4) Creating "time for mommy". This is more so in the evenings when Chad is home. I am getting better at this goal, but it needs some improvements.

5) Trying to spend one-on-one time with each of the girls during the day. This can be easy some days when is having full naps and Kira is having a day where she wants to play ing her room by herself for a while. Other days it is a lost cause because they both demand my attention at the same time.

1 comment:

Cinder said...

It sounds like you are doing well with the goals that you have set for yourself...good going!

We came back from the trip and between us trying really hard to have things cleaned and then having my mother-in-law here for a week and a half, things were cleaned and caught up. Now our goal is to keep them that way...we're starting back into school on Tuesday, so we'll see how things go once we're back in the full swing of things!

blessings to you and yours!