I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

chicken pox diary - hour 5

Pooky bear is doing surprisingly well right now. I failed to mention in the previous post that I gave her 24 hour relief children's Reactine, to help bring down the swelling and itchiness, which has proven to help. I also have been using polysporin on the spots with scabs to help speed the healing process and scaring. Acetaminophen has also come in handy to reduce fever, because the chicken pox has the tendency to appear in warmer places on the body, so reducing fever is a good thing.

So, so far we are surviving. She is happy playing on the computer, watching TV and visiting with friends. I am tempted to think that she is actually going to enjoy having the chicken pox, minus the fact she is upset she will miss ballet lessons.

No comments: