I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

GiST: Day 27ish

1. Clean bathroom. Yesterday, I cleaned the bathroom from ceiling to floor. Yep, I scrubbed the ceiling, walls, cupboards, tub, tub suround, closet. I even cleaned out the drawers and shelves. This ordeal took me 4 hours and resulted in 2 garbage bags full of things to dispose of (ie. recycle, give-away, or garbage). I knew I had a large bathroom, but I had no idea how much stuff could be contained in it.

2. Finding my gold chain and gold hoop ear-rings in the bathroom closet. They were hidden on the 2nd top shelf. I was very pleased with myself , almost in tears for being relieved to find them. Either I was very emotional about the jewlery, or I was stoned from the lysol was using. None the less, I am relieved to be wearing the jewelry again.

3. Sticking with my goal of cleaning something every day. At first I started with simply washing dishes and few loads of laundry each day. This week is the bathroom, foyer closet, and kitchen. My ultimate goal is to have the upstairs completely cleaned by early next week, which would lead to sorting and cleaning the dreaded basement. I guess you could say I am well into spring cleaning.

4. Finding sales on summer clothing for the girls. It is amazing how much it costs to clothe my girls. Although Little Monkey receives quite a few hand-me downs from Pooky Bear, I still buy her a few new outfits to freshen up her wardrobe. I find there are times I am tired of seeing the same outfit 2 years in a row. So, when I see a bargain, I can't resist taking advantage of it.

5. My cats curled up beside me while I blog. I like it when they grace me with their presence.

No comments: