I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

GiST Day 4

1. My children eating all of their supper. I made an amazing pot roast and served it with whipped potatoes and honey dilled carrots. Both of the girls ate all of their food. Pooky Bear beat me eating. That was way out of the ordinary.

2. My pot roast. Did I mention how wonderful it was! It came out so tender and moist. I highly recommend braising, then searing, then mirepoix with 1 cup of water to make a quick broth in the skillet used for the searing. Then pour the broth along with the mirepoix on top of the roast, cover then bake at 350. All of that = YUMM!

3. My "niece" coming over this afternoon. It was fun to watch the three girls play together. Little girls are cute!

4. Our left over candy stash from last night. Mmm. I am definitely brushing my teeth longer tonight!

5. My cat, for recognizing I needed someone to cuddle with tonight.

No comments: