I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

GiST: Day 18

1. CAA for unlocking my van tonight. I have been working the odd evening at a hotel my friend works at. They are short staff for banquets, so I have been picking up the odd shift. Tonight, I got home at 8:30pm, emptied the van, went to pick up a pen off the floor, heard something fall out of my hands, thought nothing of it. I proceeded to lock the van and walk in the house. Then it dawned on me, I locked the key in the van. Frantically I went searching for our spare key. The one I put somewhere where I would not loose it. I could not find it anywhere. Knowing Chad had to go to work soon, I phoned CAA and they had someone come in ten minutes. They are wonderful.

2. Eating on the job. After I finished clearing tables and the banquet doors were closed for speeches, the head of catering allowed the staff to fill a plate with food before the kitchen cleared the tables. It was wonderful.

3. My husband, for helping me clean the house the last two days. We are not finished, but we have made some great progress together. He re-configured our amp and speakers to allow our mp3 player to play from the amp. Did I mention I love him!

4. Pooky bear receiving a free round of mini golf in her goodie bag from the birthday party she went to today. What's even better, is I found another coupon for free mini golf on top of our fridge tonight. We will definitely be going mini-golfing next weekend.

5. The nice weather we had today. It was gorgeous. I let Pooky bear wear runners to the birthday party this afternoon so her feet would not get hot in her boots. She thought it was great. I now realize she needs new runners.

6. An excuse to go shoe shopping. Pooky bear and I have a love for shoe shopping. I told her next weekend I will take her to buy new runners and new puddle boots. I need a new pair of black dress shoes. This is a very good thing. Maybe I will buy a new purse as well..?

No comments: