I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Grace in Small Things: DAY 1

A friend of mine has beeng posting 5 things she is thankful for each day. She will do this for a full year. I think it is a wonderful reminder to be thankful every day for what God has done for us. So, here I go:

1. My little monkey, who chose raisins as her choice of snack food while shopping at the grocery store. It is important to note she chose the raisins after walking through the candy/chip isles and did not ask for anything.

2. Being reminded of how big our children have gotten. While at the grocery store, the clerk was an old babysitter for us when pooky bear was 2 years old. She was so excited to see them and could not get over how big they are. Moments like that make me happy.

3. Friends calling me back after they have seen I called on their caller ID. I admit I am not always good at this myself, so I really do appreciate it when it is done for me.

4. Having supper on the table at 5:00pm. It feels good to let the children play after supper and not have to rush to get them ready for bed.

5. A nice cup of tea. I have never been much into drinking tea, however, with my caffiene limitations I have grown to appreciate a nice cup (more like mug) of tea.

2 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

These all made me smile. And what a good little monkey! I would not be so good as to choose raisins.

crazy mom said...

I know! Where she gets it from, I have no idea!