I am a mom who is learning to adapt everyday to the challenges of raising two daughters.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Saturday, March 14. GiSt: Day 10

Saturday was very busy day, so I am posting for Saturday now.

1. My husband for letting me sleep in this morning and for taking pooky bear to ballet while I relaxed at home with little monkey.

2. Pooky bear for taking us swimming as a family today. She has been receiving allowance money for feeding the cats. Since then, she has been thinking of things she wants to buy or do with her money. She was the one who suggested swimming for the family. At first I was against the idea of her paying, but then I realized it would help teach her responsibility. I also knew it would only cost $11.00, so she wouldn't use all of her money towards swimming. Did I ever mention how much I love and appreciate that girlie.

3. Wal-mart re-usable large grocery bags. I know this sounds strange, but the bag was the perfect size to hold 6 of our beach towels, personals, and brush. I didn't have to worry about the bag getting wet. It was awesome. I don't know why I never thought of using one before for swimming, it will definitely be my bag of choice in the future.

4. My friend, who invited me to attend the SHEA awards tonight. It was so much fun. I felt special being able to wear my little black dress and my black aldo shoes. I so rarely have a chance to wear that combination. I looked fabulous, so did the other ladies I went with, I might add.

5. Going out for iced tea after the awards and participating in awesome girl talk. It was nice. I like being a girl. Most days.

No comments: